Texas Cybersecurity Awareness for Employees Program
House Bill (HB) 3834 of the 86th Texas Legislature requires state and local government employees, state contractors and elected officials who have access to a state or local government computer system or database, to complete annually a 2 hour certified cybersecurity training course. Access is defined as any person who has been given an account to access any state or local information system. Vector Solutions offers ‘Texas Cybersecurity Awareness for Employees Program’ a 2 hour course that has been certified by the Texas Department Information Resources (TX DIR) to meet the annual requirement.
- What digital information should be protected
- Security habits and procedures to implement for safeguarding
- How to detect/identify security threats
- Best practices for assessing and reporting security threats
This course can be used for CE or applies to the State Licenses and Professional Organizations listed below.
Narrow Your Search Here or Select Your State(s) Below:
Click on the state to expand the license or professional organization that applies to the course.
- Microsoft Systems: AD, DNS, DHCP, MS Exchange, SQL, ISA, TMG, SCCM, VDI
- VMWare: ESXi, vSphere, VSAN, Horizon View
- Cisco: Switching, Routing, Firewall (ASA), VOIP
- Security: Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Incident Handling
- Firewall: Palo Alto, Astaro, ASA, Fortinet, Forefront
- Storage: SAN, NAS, VSAN (VMWare SAN)
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Mile2: CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer, CPEH - Certified Professional Ethical Hacker, CIHE – Certified Incident Handling Engineer, CDRE – Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer, CDFE – Certified Digital Forensics Examiner
- Microsoft Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft® Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in Private Cloud (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert in Server Infrastructure (MCSE)
- EC-Council Certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker (E | CEH), Certified EC-Council Instructor (CEI), Certified Security Analyst (E | CSA), Disaster Recovery Professional (E | DRP)
- CompTIA Certifications: Security+